Tuesday, January 3, 2012

American Revolution Lapbook and more

Wow! It's hard to get back into the swing of things again, isn't it? I have to admit that I'm ready for a routine again, though. I'm excited about our upcoming history - the American Revolution! I didn't learn this well when I was younger so it's almost brand new to me. Even though Baker is only in 2nd grade, we are going to read Johnny Tremain and he is going to independently ready The Magic Tree House, Revolutionary War on Wednesday.

There is an abundance of FREE (love that) resources on the internet to make this section so hands on and interesting. (Don't you just love the wonders of the internet? What a blessing to our generation when used wisely.) I'm probably going to make a lapbook / 3-d notebooking pages right alongside Baker. He loves it when I do that and it's F-U-N for me but then I'm a geek and it's only the two of us for school.

The most resource rich site I found that is easy to use is the Dynamic 2 Moms blog. Downloads and pix and links - oh, my! Have fun! Remember that you don't have to do it all since we'll come back to it again and can go deeper. (I just love this aspect of the classical method.)

No comments:

Post a Comment