Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Summer Reading List

Now that Comm. Central is officially over for summer, I've been trying to come up with a summer reading list.

Here is a list of living books from kindergarten through 11th grade.

From a Charlotte Mason blogger, here's a living book list of nature themed books.  Be sure to peek at that same blogger's "top picks" label and find her Top Picks for Boys.  At the top of that list is Johnny Tremain, a book I picked up for my 2nd grader to read but was sucked in myself!  It's a very good book.

Here's a list of favorite read aloud chapter books.  And an adult's reflection on Chapter Books that Stayed With Me.

I've posted this link before, but incase you missed it - here's the link to free classic children's audio books.

Of course there's audible.com for kids.

That's all I've got for now.  What are your recommendations?
-Julie



1 comment:

  1. I wanted to respond to your comment but was not sure where you would want that to be. This is my shot in the dark and it is not necessary to publish this. The cake is delicious but I was quite frustrated the first time I made it. It still is a bother but the taste makes it worthwhile. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete