Friday, February 21, 2014

Fun for the Weekend

Using my best cheerleader/game-show-host voice, I hopped on the mini-bus full of strangers and asked, "Who's super pumped to be going to the Garden Show?!"  They looked at me like I was from Mars.  

One lady, in her retirement years said dryly, "You don't get out much, do you?"

I don't.  And even more infrequently is getting out without three kids in tow.

I love going to the Arkansas Garden and Flower Show.  There's a little something for everyone.  (Kids get in free.) It's not just live flowers and garden tools.  You'll find power tools, sweets, wine and soaps there as well.  Every year I learn something new.  My favorite is probably the UofA Extension booth where I feasted upon how to grow edible mushrooms and seeing aquaponics in action.

One surprise for me today was finding praying mantis egg sacks for sale.  I've done zero research on them (but will in coming days since I'm now the owner of some.) 
 It's a mom & pop kind of company plus their 20 year old daughter doing social media for them.
I could have talked to the owners for hours (he started bug collecting as a kid) but I had lots of other things to see in the short time I'd hired a baby-sitter.
After all, I don't get out much.
-Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment