Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Aromatherapy - Perky Sunshine

As the school year starts, we begin to think about what worked last year and things we want to try differently this year.

Over the summer some friends introduced me to the healing power of essential oils and I've been learning more about how to incorporate oils in our everyday life.  Last week I listened to a talk by a naturopath Mary Ward, who says she never gives a talk without spraying something in the air.  That day she used a blend she called "perky sunshine" (10 drops pink grapefruit, 10 drops lemon, and 5 drops of peppermint in a 2 oz spray bottle of water.)  Lemon is said to increase concentration and memory building.

I can't speak to it's effectiveness yet.  It's a nice room spray if nothing else.

-Julie

FYI - my essential oils come from Nature's Sunshine.  They have extreme purity standards and are a fraction of the cost of some multi-level marketing companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment