Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Shakespeare - funny? Yes!

I just LOVE that the Bard's birthday and poetry month are all tying in so nicely to our studies. I received this article link today from Education.com and it seemed quite appropriate so I wanted to share.  I'll be reading the young reader's Usborne version of Romeo & Juliet with Baker next week and I can hardly wait. We saw "Gnomeo & Juliet" and he loved it. It's quite cute and I'm sure he's going to love "connecting all of these dots" of past to present. Truthfully, I'm enjoying it as well and learning so very much.
(FYI, I don't agree with hurling insults at anyone but the truth is that we all get frustrated sometimes and humor is a fantastic way to diffuse some of that. I can already hear the giggles that would happen over here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment