Friday, July 22, 2011

Helpful games for this year's math facts

If you're hoping to get a little prepwork done early for this year, you might be like me, cutting out pieces for learning centers and file folder games. I've mentioned http://www.filefolderfun.com/ a handful of times before, and their Third Grade File Folder Games link has a number of games to help children memorize their multiplication facts. The graphics include volcanoes and comets! I assume they'll be memorizing these for our math memory work again this year (at least it's happened for the past two years in a row).

I'd also recommend the free computer game Timez Attack--which takes awhile to download, but has wonderful graphics and has been effective for teaching even my kindergartener multiplication facts: He saw his brother played the game, and both he and his pre-K sister have given it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment