This site had a lot of fantastic Middle Ages links for kids. This term, because of the medieval emphasis and the fact that I have sons, I'm going to emphasize knighthood for its character benefits, and the site offers a printable kids' version of the Knight's Code--great for discussion:
* Be always ready with your armor on, except when you are taking your rest
* Defend the poor and help them that cannot defend themselves.
* Do nothing to hurt or offend anyone else.
* Be prepared to fight in the defense of your country.
* At whatever you are working, try to win honor and a name for
* Never break your promise.
* Maintain the honor of your country with your life. Rather die honestly
then live shamelessly.
* Chivalry requireth that youth should be trained to perform the most
laborious and humble offices with cheerfulness and grace; and do good unto
My son also had fun on this trebuchet game that touched on some light physics!